Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Encourage Reading Coolness

In some cases, it’s hard to get kids motivated to read. That’s why I really like Online Kid Magazines. Most kid magazine sites provide great info just in a cool way that kids will love.  Benefits of these online kid magazines are: current content, reader-friendly and they introduces kids to heavier subjects.



Youngzine and YES MAG are two online magazines I ran across today so I wanted to share those two plus ones I already knew of and used when I was classroom teacher.



Most importantly to kids: they graphically and visually appealing.


Most important to educators: they provide content across the curriculum to cover every subject area.


Time for Kids | Weekly Reader | Highlights | National Geographic for Kids


Dig | YES MAG | Washington’s KidPost

No comments:

Post a Comment